Autonomic Response Testing in Four Basic Steps
In ART the body is stressed with different modalities:
- Electromagnetically (placing substances in the field)
- Psychologically (APN)
- Structurally (pushing on a area, squeezing an organ or gland, stressing a joint etc.)
- Biochemically (giving a remedy orally, or via other route)
Then the practitioner assesses the organism’s response to the stressor by one of several means:
- The muscle test
- Arm length test
- Bi-digital O-ring test
- Applied Kinesiology (multiple muscles)
- EAV (electro acupuncture according to Dr. Voll)
- HRV (heat rate variability)
- Kirlian photography
- VAS (Nogier pulse)
- Other types of biofeedback equipment
Then the practitioner interprets the stress- response. The guiding principle is as follows:
- If a mild stressor causes a stress response, the organism is already under severe stress regarding this variable (substance, psychological issues etc.)
- If a moderate stress is causing a response in the absence of response to a mild stressor, the organism is under moderate stress
- If only a severe stress is causing a stress response, the problem of the organism related to this issue is only mild
Now therapeutic modalities are tested. Whatever neutralizes the stress response is an agent or a method that will help the organism cope with the underlying cause of the stress. How much (quantitative assessment) it will help can be determined by the quantitative amount of stress response neutralization.
Most suitable for quantitative assessment is the bi-digital O-ring test from Y. Omura, MD. If an agent or method is determined to be helpful, it does not mean the patient cannot have adverse side effects to this agent or method. In case of a biochemical intervention the ART-allergy test (retest item with either one vial of norepinephrine 30X or one finger on the vagus ganglia or behind the ear) is always used to double check an item that has been determined to be helpful.
If this item is both helpful and non-allergenic it can safely be used. In case of psychological, structural and electromagnetic interventions, things are more complicated.
Yin and Yang
We differentiate between Yin states and Yang states, and much of our decision making is based on an understanding of both.
A Yin state is an internal state, in which healing, regeneration and detoxification occurs. It is accompanied by increased parasympathetic tone and the client may show related body signs: slowed heart rate, increased flow of saliva, increased bowel motility, feeling of relaxation or neutral emptiness.
The 12 acupuncture meridians are paired: one is Yin, one is Yang. The ones channeling the Yin energy are the ones we cannot live without (heart, liver, lung, etc.), the Yang ones are the ones we can live without (Gallbladder, Colon, bladder, etc.).
Yang states are states of increased strength, increased sympathetic activity, outgoing energy, in which the person is alert, awake, and able to move and respond and interact with the environment in well adapted and intelligent ways. The person is strong, but not blocked. Sympathetic tone is increased while parasympathetic activity is not suppressed.
We differentiate carefully between Yang and blocked regulation. On the surface both look similar. In blocked regulation the client is also strong, but only with increased sympathetic activity, without the accompanying increase of parasympathetic activity. In blocked regulation heart rate is increased, adrenalin is increased, skin is dry and cold. There is tension and anxiety.
In a Yang state the skin stays warm, the person stays relaxed – aware of his/her strength.
The 2-phasic Nature of Illness
When any illness starts, the person is in phase I: a state of initial sympathetic arousal – the immune system fights and attends to the incoming illness-producing energy (microbes, toxic metals, etc). If this lasts a few days and is successful, the system goes back to a compensatory Yin state which may last for a few days.
In chronic illness, the system is unable to succeed and becomes stuck in phase I – a sympathetic mode and regulation becomes blocked. In this state hands and feet are cold, there is tension, pain, constipation, dry skin and many other signs of increased sympathetic tone.
Only after therapeutic intervention and resolution of the illness can the system go back into phase II: the parasympathetic healing state, which may last as long as the months or years of illness.
In this state the person often goes backwards through the same symptoms that occurred during the illness. However, they last much shorter, are milder and do not require treatment. It is a self limited process. In this phase hands are warm, the bowels move, there is deep psychological exploration and healing with the gaining of insights and inner peace.
Anatomy and Physiology
The stress response that is used in ART is sensed, organized and expressed by the bio-field of the entire organism and the field of each individual cell. It is most visibly expressed by the autonomic nervous system. It is therefore important to understand the 4 components of the ANS:
- Central (CNS) regulation of the ANS
- Sympathetic nervous system (SNS)
- Parasympathetic nervous system (PNS)
- Enteric nervous system (ENS)
This information is taught in the neural therapy courses. When muscle testing is used in ART, the reflex pathway involved when medication is tested is as follows:
Eighty percent of the weight of the SNS is in the fibers of the skin. These fibers are not only responsible for temperature regulation and regulation of skin tone, but also constitute an energetic sensing system which perceives the electromagnetic events and ever-changing field in the surrounding area.
It is an early warning system to assure and optimize physical safety and survival. It is this system that senses the hand of the practitioner or the medication placed on the signal enhancer.
From here in the skin, the impulse travels to the: sympathetic ganglia – spinal cord – brainstem – limbic system – hypothalamus – brainstem – spinal cord – autonomic ganglia – sympathetic fibers modulating the muscle spindle of the test-muscle.
When a medication is held in the palm of the hand (dual SNS and PNS innervations of arterial arches in palm) or placed over the solar plexus, also the parasympathetic are involved.
The signal travels from here to the: parasympathetic fibers or ganglia in the blood vessels of hand, pelvis or brain or ganglia in the gut wall and other internal organs – spinal cord – vagus ganglia near ear – brainstem – limbic system – from here arousal of sympathetic and parasympathetic nuclei in hypothalamus and brainstem – down going signals in sympathetics to muscle spindles as above (responsible for muscle testing phenomena).
When the Klinghardt signal enhancer is used, the signal is perceived by the entire biofield and down-stepped to action potentials in every autonomic sensory neuron of the physical body.
Biophoton Theory of Professor Fritz-Albert Popp PhD
The coherent field of the low intensity light emissions inside the cell is the central regulating agency in the cell. The coupling and interference of the individual fields forms a common shared field in which the entire organism us embedded and orchestrates all the functions of life.
This field is a holographic field of standing waves which are capable- with the help of a broad spectrum of frequencies, polarizations, degrees of coherence and squeezing of the waves-to communicate signals to any place in the organism in close interplay with all material structures etc. The involved physical structures such as microtubulin are designed as antennae for the reception or broadcasting or these signals.
The central storage container and sender of this coherent biophoton emission in the cell is the DNA. The spiral shape of the DNA is an ideal light storage arrangement, because through rhythmic contractions it can store and emit light. The DNA works together with a hierarchy of other light active molecules and forms the network of the “light metabolism”.
The Signal Enhancer (SE)
The Signal Enhancer also used to be called “Photo Amplifier” or “Resonator” in the early days of its development.
Dr. Alex Rossaint in Aachen Germany was the first pioneer in this area. He developed the idea of signal transduction in bioenergetic testing with the use of light and resonance phenomena only. He published the related physics in the ” Zeitschrift fuer Neurobiologie nach Klinghardt” in Germany. Independent developments in the UK (Jonathan Frewing) led to the practical use of the signal enhancer in ART in its current form.
The signal enhancer (SE) is made from a special high grade plastic material with a pure perfect crystalline molecular lattice structure. The definitions that make it an exact and reliable tool are proprietary to the Klinghardt Academy of Neurobiology.
The photoelectric field of the substance is exciting the electrons in the special material in the plate. The photons surrounding the electrons are quickly starting to vibrate in resonance with the photons from the test substance. The now amplified signal is conducted through the optic cable into the tube, which then projects the “information” onto the patient — or in the direction wherever the tube is pointed.
Signal Enhancer Advantages:
- Allows the practitioner to get a much clearer, “enhanced” signal from the substance; the difference between strong and weak arm is much clearer
- Test substances (slides, ampules etc.) do not over time become contaminated with patient residues, such as dirt, sweat, outgassing of toxins, clothing fiber etc.
- The plate can convert subtle signals, such as the pictures from a pathology book or a tiny amount of a dental material, into clear, clean and correct muscle testing responses
- The test kits can stay far enough away from the patient to not interfere with the diagnostic ART scan and can be reached with the plate without having to move the test kit. This allows for a more ergonomic set-up of the testing area without having to ever move the test kits from their permanent position.
Dr. Rossaint developed a special use for the instrument. He observed, when during the entire testing sequence of the client a dropper bottle with alcohol and water is placed on the plate, this bottle gathers the information worked up about this client during the exam and treatment. It becomes the perfect remedy for this patient at this particular time.
- Supplement testing on the SE: can replace the applied kinesiology method of placing a small amount of a test substance on the tongue of a client. It is far superior in sensitivity and specificity in comparison to placing a substance in the palm or on the body of a client.
- If several SE’s are in the same room, connected via the ambient room light, they communicate or “resonate” with each other. This allows the practitioner to place and test a substance on an SE which is physically quite far away from the client. However, the client needs to have a second SE close to his/her body. Because of this phenomenon, the SE cannot be used if ART is practiced in a group situation. All the SE’s in a room “talk” to each other.
- The SE also amplifies the signal from a distressed structure in the client’s body. The practitioner uses the SE by moving it over the client’s body during the scanning procedure.
- The SE can be used to non-invasively broadcast medication into the client’s body at a selected location.
- The SE can be used in a specific arrangement to broadcast healing information to a client over long distances.
- The SE can be used in conjunction with a polarization filter to assess and measure the clients light field (aura)
- In general the SE is placed above the head of the client, picking up Matrix information. Sometimes only intra-cellular information is asked. In this case the SE is placed away from the body. At the distance away from the umbilicus, that equals the length of the body, the DNA information is picked up. The cell wall is about 70 cm away from the body, the matrix 30 cm.
- The SE can be used to create remedies in many different ways:
- from the client’s own tissues
- from the client’s body excretions
- from the energetic events during a treatment
- from medications
The Polarization Filter
The idea to use the Polfilter in bioenergetic testing was conceived by Raphael von Assche, DO (Wiener Schule fuer Osteopathie) in the mid 70s and went from there via Paul Nogier MD in France to myself.
Russian research and the work by F.A.Popp, PhD in Germany revealed that any living organism is emitting highly polarized light. This light is polarized in a concentric oval arrangement, the long axis of the oval being parallel to the long axis of the individual organism (polarization angle or mid-axis).
When a cell, group of cells, or organ is disturbed in its health, the polarization angle changes. It moves in a clockwise fashion away from the normal angle or 0-axis.
The polarization angle can be measured with a special linear polfilter, by applying the knowledge of the direct resonance phenomenon (ART II). This method measures and analyzes the properties of the mental field. It is the first and currently only precision method to achieve this.
ART – Light Resonance Law:
If the linear polfilter is held in the field over the body so that the grid on the filter is parallel to the long axis of the client’s emitted light field, the autonomic nervous system responds ( a strong indicator muscle goes weak).
If it does not respond, the tested area is dysfunctional. By turning the filter in a clockwise fashion, resonance will occur (arm goes weak) as soon as the polfilter grid is held in the abnormal angle in which the light is emitted. Opening angle and mid-axis should be determined, then the correcting interventions.
It is possible to scan rapidly organs, joints, and skin surfaces for their respective light polarization angles.
We found, that in a healthy person with good vitality, the healthy state corresponds to a normal polarization angle (mid-axis is parallel to the long axis of the body. We call this axis the “0-axis”) with a healthy scatter of polarized light of 89% in both clockwise and counterclockwise rotation. We call this the opening angle (in the healthy state 178%).
If the opening angle is constricted, there is dysfunction. If it is wider, there is also dysfunction. The polarization angle is found by measuring the opening angle and finding the mean. It should be parallel to the long axis of the body or tissue in question (0 degrees). Any deviation indicates switching or other pathology. The polarization angle can be off in the clockwise or counterclockwise direction.
Measuring Open Regulation:
If the filter is placed on the SE and the SE is in close vicinity to the client’s body, we found the following phenomena:
- If the filter is placed with the grid parallel to the client’s body, a strong arm should go weak. This indicates open regulation. When placed on the SE, the polfilter measures the summation of all emitted light fields in the body.
- The opening angle should be 178 degrees, the polarization angle (mid- axis) should be 0 degrees. Any deviations from this indicate pathology
- The first interventions during a treatment should establish the 0-axis and normal opening angle
- Any substance or intervention that worsens these parameters worsens the patients health, any intervention that improves the parameters also improves the client’s health
- Determine the opening angle and mean axis
- Correct the axis to the 0-axis
- Correct the opening angle to just below 180 degrees
Medication and food allergy testing
- Open regulation
- Correct Switching
- Place polfilter on the edge of the opening angle (89 degrees in clockwise rotation). In this position the arm should just still test weak before becoming strong at 181 degrees. Any substance placed on the SE that decreases the opening angle (arm becomes strong) is bad for the client. This test usually eliminates most supplements a client is bringing in for testing, many foods and some medications. The results lead to often dramatic improvements in the client’s health
When identical substances are placed close to each other, the biophotons orbiting a particular electron of substance A (comprised of a number of molecules) start to flirt and dance with the photons orbiting the electrons of the “other substance, substance B.
It is not possible at any given time to determine if a photon from substance A is actually in the orbit of substance A or has changed its orbit and belonging to substance B. This dance between photons of two identical substances is felt by the autonomic nervous system as pleasure and causes a yin state: a strong indicator muscle weakens. The deeper the yin state, the more identical the test substance is with the substance inside the body.
It is also true that the deeper the yin state, the closer the concentration of the test substance is to the concentration of the substance inside the body. The resulting ART test, therefore, can be used in two ways:
- Qualitative- what substance or micro-organism is present in the body and where is it?
- Quantitative- how much of it is there?
This understanding has emerged amongst the great physicists of the last century and was first described at Columbia University. Later physicists like Ulrich Warnke, PhD and Fritz-Albert Popp, PhD in Germany have greatly contributed to this field.
The first person to bring this understanding in a practical way into modern medicine was Reinhold Voll, MD, the wonderful genius who invented electro-dermal screening (EAV or EDS). It has been used extensively without a clear understanding by many schools of thought in alternative medicine, including Applied Kinesiology.
It is the sole accomplishment of Yoshiaki Omura, MD of New York to bring the application of this phenomenon in its pure form back into modern autonomic response testing. Omura holds a US patent on his particular way of using the phenomenon. It has been researched extensively at several Japanese universities. The research is published in the peer-reviewed journal: International Journal of Acupuncture and Electrotherapeutics Research (published by Thieme in New York). Omura has named this phenomenon in his writing “resonance phenomenon between identical substances”.
ART Definition: When a substance is placed over an area of the body which contains this identical substance, a stress signal is elicited which makes a strong indicator muscle go weak.
This simple phenomenon allows us to do two incredible things:
- We can find things in the body that are not visible with the naked eye. We can “scan” the body with a biopsy slide of a tumor for the presence of this identical tumor in the body. We can use a particular toxin in a vial and scan the body for its presence. By using different concentrations of a toxin we can even assess, how concentrated this particular toxin is in the body. We may also use microbial cultures to detect the presence of particular microbes inside the body- non-invasively. Today, also fMRI technology is being developed that uses the same resonance phenomenon to accomplish the same objective (functional MRI).
- We can detect if a medication or nutrient reaches the target organ. It has been found that many times a particular nutrient or medication does not appear in the target area (i.e. an infected tooth or a diseased heart) in concentrations high enough to achieve the therapeutic benefit. With direct resonance we can scan the body over this area with the identical substance and find out if it is present there or not. Often we find that it is not. Something is blocking or preventing the “drug uptake“. In this case, we search for the reason.
Here is a list of common offenders:
- Sleeping in a geopathically disturbed bed
- Belt buckles
- Bio-incompatible dentures and “regular” restorative dental materials
- Poor occlusion
- Eating allergenic non-compatible foods
- Clothing (materials, dyes, electromagnetic properties, toxins)
- Tags inside clothing (especially in the neck area)
- Laundry soap residues
- Glasses and contact lenses
- Negative synergistic effects between medications
- Negative attitudes about this particular medication or about healing from this condition
This medication appears in the area immediately (if it has been taken at a reasonable time before), as soon as the offending item has been removed.
Omura found a way to not only allow the medication to enter the symptomatic area, but to also concentrate it above other tissue levels in the area. He developed a hand and body acupressure technique to do this which is proprietary. We use Mental Field Therapy (tapping) to accomplish the same goal with excellent results. This technique is called “DUET” (drug uptake enhancement technique).
The test is simple: Find the concentration of the diluted substance (for example an antibiotic or a chemotherapeutic cancer agent) that resonates over general body areas such as the abdomen or the thigh. Then, use the same vial over the symptomatic area.
Often there will be no resonance, indicating that the substance is not taken up at significant concentration in this area. The DUET technique constitutes the core of ART II.
The direct resonance test (DR) is used primarily for:
- Intracellular toxins (metals, carcinogens etc.)
- Intra- and extracellular bacteria, molds and yeasts, parasites (Chlamydia, Borrelia, gonorrhea, aspergillus, giardia,etc.)
- All viruses. We use the MIC EPA/DHA as a general virus test before making a specific diagnosis (oils stabilize cell-membranes and inhibit viral replication). We always test the 6 common herpes types:
- Herpes simplex type 1,2 and 6
- EBV (mononucleosis), CMV
- And also coxsackie, influenza, rotavirus
- Cancer risk factor (all from MIC):
- Integrin alpha 5, beta 1
- Acetylcholine levels
- Oncogene c-fos AB2
- Neurotransmitter levels
- Nor epinephrine, etc
- Amino acid levels (esp. in brain)
- Borrelia Burgdorferi and co-infections: (slides)
- Borrelia burgdorferi
- Ehrlichia equi
- Bartonella henselae (cat scratch disease)
- Babesia microti (piroplasmosis)
- Rickettsia rikettsii
- Chlamydia pneumoniae
- Mycoplasma pneumoniae
- Nanobacter sanguis
Treatment: the direct resonance test will cause a weak indicator muscle if the diagnosis is correct. Against this weakness, we 2-point treatment by placing the tested medication on the SE. The effective medication will negate the weakness.”
There are many applications of Autonomic Response Testing, including dental testing and the jaw, hormone balancing, allergy testing and food allergy elimination, detoxing from drug residues, testing for and eliminating neurotoxins, determining and treating for microorganisms and stealth pathogens, eliminating infections, determining and treating underlying psycho-emotional issues and more.